A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular, flexible, and simple ways you can protect the Royal River watershed.
A bequest may be right for you if:
- You want to make a gift to Royal River Conservation Trust.
- You want the flexibility to change your mind.
- You want continued access to your wealth, should you need it.
- You are concerned about outliving your resources.
There are several ways that you can define the amount of your bequest to RRCT:
- A gift of a specific amount of money. For example, $25,000.
- A gift of a specific item or items. For example, 1,000 shares of a publicly traded security.
- A gift that will be made only if one or more conditions are met. For example, $25,000 provided your spouse does not survive you.
- A gift that will be made from the remainder of your estate once all other bequests, debts, and taxes have been paid. For example, 25% of the remainder of your estate. Often called a “residuary bequest,” this approach assures that your family will be taken care of before your estate makes a bequest to RRCT.
In order to ensure that your wishes are carried out, it is important that your bequest be accurately and clearly described in your estate plan and that your bequest is clearly intended for RRCT. (We can provide sample language for you to discuss with your attorney.) Please be certain to include our full legal name and federal tax identification number in your bequest.
Legal name: Royal River Conservation Trust
Physical Address: 52 North Road, Yarmouth, Maine 04096
Mailing Address: Post Office Box 90, Yarmouth, Maine 04096
Tax identification number: 010472430
We would be delighted to consult with you regarding your bequest and strongly encourage you to seek legal counsel prior to establishing a bequest for the benefit of RRCT.