By Troy R. Bennett
You don’t need to go way up north to have a canoe or kayak adventure. There’s plenty of spots right around town where you can get out on the water before or after work. Remember: every place outside your house is the great outdoors. Enjoy it.
By Lauri Schreiber
The TD Beach to Beacon 10K, founded by Olympic Marathon Gold Medalist Joan Benoit Samuelson, a Cape Elizabeth native, is one of Larry Wold’s favorite days of the year.
View the rest at http://www.mainebiz.biz/article/20170424/CURRENTEDITION/304199998
By Juliette Laaka
DURHAM – To honor her late husband and his abiding interest in land preservation, Diane Ackerman sold 50 acres — including a half-mile stretch of shoreline — on Runaround Pond to a local conservation trust.
By Maggie J. Knowles
All the ingredients were present for a potential nightmare: Several toddlers. The woods. A 12-degree day. Inches of fresh snow. What could possibly go wrong? Come to find out, nothing.
- October 2016, Maine Magazine: Enjoying the Royal: Communities Collaborate to Create Access to Nature
- August 2016, Keep Me Current: Durham farm has few hands, many hooves
- August 2016, The Forecaster: Freeport, Yarmouth land trusts challenge folks to take a hike
- July 2016, Inside New Gloucester: New Canoe, Kayak Launch
- July 2016, The Forecaster: Repairs, cleanup, parking planned at Cumberland-North Yarmouth preserve
- April 2016, The Forecaster: Yarmouth to Launch Royal River canoe race
- September 2015, The Forecaster: Cumberland, North Yarmouth to seal Knight’s Pond purchase
- November, 2015, Tri-Town Weekly: New preserve safeguards land in Durham at Runaround Pond
- November, 2015, Portland Press Herald: Wising up on owls
- April 2015, Portland Press Herald: Conservationists eye more land along Royal River
- August 2014, Portland Press Herald: Yarmouth trail takes shape, recruits users
- July 2014, Hiking in Maine: Happy as a Yarmouth clam
- November 2013, Portland Press Herald: Royal River’s journey to future should begin with removal of lower dam
- April 2013, Portland Press Herald: Dam’s removal will help restore river
- May 2010: Portland Press Herald: Royal River: Blood, sweat and gear