Life income gifts provide you with an opportunity to make a gift to Royal River Conservation Trust, create lifetime income for you and your loved ones, and, in many cases, prompt tax savings. There are two primary life income gift vehicles: the charitable gift annuity and the charitable remainder trust.
Charitable Gift Annuity
The charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and RRCT that provides fixed payments for life in exchange for a gift of cash or securities. The “CGA” is easy to establish and the payments you receive are backed by the general resources of Royal River Conservation Trust.
A charitable gift annuity could be right for you if:
- You want to make a generous gift to RRCT of $5,000 or more.
- You want the security of fixed, dependable payments for life.
- You want to save income and/or capital gains taxes.
- You would like income that is partially tax-free.
- You are 70 years of age or older.
Charitable Remainder Trust
The charitable remainder trust is a flexible gift vehicle that provides income for you and other trust beneficiaries. Your income will vary based upon the value of the assets in the trust and may increase over time as the value of the trust increases thereby providing a hedge against inflation. A “CRT” may be funded with a variety of assets including cash, securities, and real estate.
A charitable remainder unitrust could be right for you if:
- You want to make a generous gift to RRCT of $50,000 or more.
- You want to provide income for yourself or others.
- You want the possibility of income growth.
- You want the potential to save income, capital gains, and/or estate taxes.
- You want to choose the person who administers your gift and guides its investments.
We would be delighted to consult with you regarding your life income gift and strongly encourage you to seek legal counsel to provide independent advice regarding the establishment of charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust.