Morgan Meadow Wildlife Management Area (WMA) covers 1050 acres in the towns of Gray and Raymond including the “height of land” between the Royal River watershed and the Presumpscot. The vast majority of the property drains toward the Presumpscot. The property is owned and managed by the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife. The wildlife area can be accessed off North Raymond Road at the Gray-Raymond town line, or off Egypt Road also at the town line. The North Raymond Road trails are more local, less-developed. Glover’s Wig (off Egypt Road, a 1.8 mile hike) includes a dynamic rock formation pictured below.
- GPS Address: 224 Egypt Road, Raymond ME 04071
- Maine DIFW webpage for Morgan Meadows
- Trails from Egypt Road trailhead at Morgan Meadows (PDF Town of Raymond Map)
- Trails from Egypt Road trailhead (Maine Trail Finder)
- Trails from Egypt Road trailhead: See AllTrails phone app: Glover’s Wig Trail; Spiegel Trail; Morgan Meadows Management Road; Spiegel Trail and Meadow Link Trail.
- Birding information at Morgan Meadows
- Interactive map with Gray Historical Society featuring Glovers Wig.