We can always use help with any number of tasks:
- Identifying individuals and families who might be interested in our work so that we can keep them informed of events and activities and ask for their support periodically
- Help write a grant
- Prepare a press release
- Write a supportive Op-ed article for a local newspaper
- Help plan and execute an event (ideas always welcome)
- Lead a walk, ski or snowshoe
- Identify an interesting speaker to present to our membership
- Monitor a conservation easement
- Become a volunteer steward for a specific property
- Clear brush/invasive plants and improve trails on preserve lands
- Mark a property boundary
- Present to a school or community group
- Solicit a local business for support or to underwrite a project
- Help make connections to community leaders
- Help prepare mailings
- Take photographs out and about
- Participate in a capital campaign
- Provide pro bono legal or estate planning service
- Introduce us to a friend or neighbor interested in conserving a portion of their land
We are also continuously scoping new committee members, and new members of our Board of Directors. We love volunteers who like to work independently or with a group of volunteers. And we are always looking for creative ways of raising our profile in our Royal River communities. Please come join us!
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. We are extremely grateful for their good-natured, expert assistance. Every month people generously lend their time and talents to do a variety of important tasks.
Please contact us at 847-9399 or email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering or getting more involved with our projects in your community.